Service/Emotional Support Animal Agreement
Dogs, pets, and other animals, trained or untrained, whose sole function is to provide comfort, companionship or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the law.
Under federal law, service animals are dogs or miniature horses trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of people with physical or mental disabilities. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the handler’s disability.
An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) is an animal that provides assistance or emotional support for the benefit of a person with a disability. Any animal, not just a dog or miniature horse, can be an assistance animal. Emotional support animals are an example of an “assistance animals” that provides support to a person with a disability, but lacks the training to be a “service animal”.
Service animals and assistance animals are allowed at Wapato Point Resort. However, only service animals are permitted to be anywhere on the property. Assistance animals are only permitted in residential buildings and facilities, and on the streets, sidewalks, and other through-ways necessary to reach the residential buildings.
The owner/handler of the service/assistance animal listed above understands and agrees to the following.
- ALL SERVICES ANIMALS MUST BE REGISTERED AT THE TIME OF CHECK-IN WITH THE FRONT DESK.
- Emotional support animals must provide a letter (prescription) from a Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHP) on their official letterhead.
- If any unregistered animal is reported in a unit there will be a $250.00 fine charged to the reservation.
- Will follow the Wapato Point Resort Policy in cleaning up after the animal.
- The owner/handler accepts his/her potential liability should the service/assistance animal injure someone.
- The owner/handler accepts his/her potential liability should the service/assistance animal cause any property damage.
- The service animal will always have his/her service indicating vest when out on the property. Your service animal must be under your control at all times, whether this is by the means of a leash, hand gestures or voice control, your animal cannot become unruly.
- The assistance animal will always have his/her service indicating vest when out on the property. Your assistance animal must be under your control at all times, whether this is by the means of a leash, hand gestures or voice control, your animal cannot become unruly.
- Assistance animals are only permitted in the residential building and facilities, and on the streets, sidewalks, and other throughways necessary to reach the residential buildings.
- The service/assistance animal will never be left alone in the unit/home/vehicle/RV/trailer.
- Tags are provided for the animals but not required to wear. However, by having the animal wear the tag this will allow staff and other guests know the animal is registered and allowed to be at the Wapato Point Resort