We Are Open! Please check here for more information.
WHAT WAPATO POINT IS DOING TO PREPARE FOR COVID-19
Coronavirus and Wapato Point-
Here is what we are doing to help make our resort safe for you.
Wapato Point Resort Statement on Cleaning Protocols
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Wapato Point Management Company has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). On a daily basis, our staff is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resort health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Wapato Point Resort is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Resort staff – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily 7 weekly meetings, our teams and staff are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, Resort staff members are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Wapato Point Management Company has set in motion an internal communications focus with the latest news and information managers can use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19. In addition, Wapato Point Management Company is on standby 24/7 to support the Resorts and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We are working with our partners and suppliers around the region to make sure our Resort can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency or our state agencies equivalent as well as the protective equipment they need for our operations. Our Resort uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms, locker rooms, workout areas and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where staff members work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff entrances, department entries and staff offices.
Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our resort, we will immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and staff. We will undertake additional cleanings and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay. In addition, the Resort will seal the guest’s room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and undertakes a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room including sanitizing the air.
Hal Killian – Director of Operations – Hal@wapatopoint.com – Tel 509.687.9511 Ext 317